An necessary competition within the Hindu almanack, Narasimha Jayanti or Narasimha Chaturdashi is widely known is on Vaisakh Chaturdashi (14th day) of the Shukla Paksh. This yr Narasimha Jayanti falls on Could 25. Notably, the Lord Narasimha (half man and half lion) is the fourth incarnation/ avatar of Lord Vishnu as he appeared as a lion-man (nara-simha), with the face and options of a lion however the physique of a person on the day of Narasimha Jayanti.
Narasimha Jayanti Historical past:
Lord Narasimha was instrumental within the killing of demon Hiranyakashipy on today. The day of Narasimha Jayanti is taken into account to be extremely auspicious for the followers of Lord Vishnu. All Lord Vishnu devotees additionally observe quick on today.
In accordance with scriptures, Lord Narasimha appeared through the sundown on Chaturdashi and that’s the reason his puja is carried out throughout these hours. It’s mentioned that the aim of Narasimha Jayanti is to take away adharma (the trail of wickedness) and to comply with the trail of dharma (the trail of righteousness), which signifies the trail in the direction of right deeds and never harming anybody.
Narasimha Jayanti 2021 Date and Timings:
- Chaturdashi begins at 12:11 am on Could 25 and ends on 08:29 pm on Could 25
- Sayana Kala Puja time: 04:32 pm to 7:10 pm
- Madhyahna Sankalp time: 10:56 am to 01:41 pm
- Parana time for breaking quick: 06:01 am on Could 26
Narasimha Jayanti 2021: Mantras to Chant
Devotees chant the next mantra whereas performing puja and taking a holy dip within the Ganga river.
“Ugram Viram Maha Vishnum Jvalantam Sarvato Mukham Nirisimham Bhishanam Bhadram Mrutyur Mrutyum Namamyaham”.
In accordance with the scriptures, the rituals of the day embody:
- A particular puja that’s carried out on today with idol or image of Lord Narasimha and Goddess Laxmi.
- Devotee or bhakts ought to get up early through the Brahma muhurat and take a shower. She or he ought to put on new and recent garments.
- The puja ceremony must be completed with associates and family providing objects like flowers, sweets, kumkum, kesar and coconut.
- One ought to quick on today with dawn and continues till the subsequent day’s dawn.
- One can have one meal within the day that must be with none type of cereals or grains.
- Narasimha mantra must be recited with rudraksha mala to please the God and attain a extra significant life.
- Pious deeds are additionally inspired on today.
- It’s believed that fasting on Narasimha Jayanti is alleged to alleviate all issues of devotees.
- The devotee ought to attempt to meditate and recite mantras in isolation for higher outcomes.